Amarok (Linux music player) does not have a native support to submit played songs to Libre.fm. It was possible with the script Amarok2LibreFM for Amarok and the service lastfmsubmitd. But I discovered (March 2018) that it stopped submitting songs. So I modified both of them:
- lastfmsubmitd: This modified version only submit songs to Libre.fm, but works again (based on pylast library for submitting song).
- Amarok2LibreFM: Submit the correct song length, and handle a bug that was present in Amarok 2.5 and 2.6.
I suggest the following installation procedure:
- Download my copy of lastfmsubmitd in a directory in your home.
- Create a file ~/.lastfmsubmitd/conf with the your name and password like that:
[account] user = my_account_name_in_lowercase password = my_password
- Download my copy of Amarok2LibreFM in this directory: « /home/MY_USER_NAME/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts« . So you will have a directory « Amarok2LibreFM » under the directory « script« .
- Modify the file « Amarok2LibreFM/main.js » so the variable « SUBMIT_CMD » points to your installation of lastfmsubmitd.
- Find a way to start automatically lastfmsubmitd when you open your session. You can for example do that graphically using the KDE settings, or manually by creating a link « /home/MY_USER/.config/autostart-scripts/lastfmsubmitd » that will point on the lastfmsubmitd script.
- Just for this time, manually start lastfmsubmitd.
- Restart Amarok and play a song.